There are innumerable number of ICs are on the use right now. While demand for NFC solutions on the rise, NXP’s industry-leading ICODE range of products shows up as the go-to solution for high-frequency (HF) smart tag and labeling solutions. NXP, the industry pioneer in reliable authentication, adds special functionality to the ICODE DNA tag IC.
Its reading range enables improved automation in the supply chain. Because of the readability of NFC phones, ICODE DNA allows direct one-to-one customer interaction and, as a result, personalized marketing strategies become possible and even easier. For nearby applications, ICODE DNA includes AES cryptographic authorization, allowing cloud connectivity through NFC phones. A wide range of support systems makes system integration simple.
Now, let’s look at features of ICODE DNA:
- It has an AES128 authentication feature with a 2016-bit user memory, consistent with ISO/IEC 15693. Its operating frequency is 13.56 MHz and it offers data transfer rates of up to 53 kilobits per second. And it is also compliant with TAG Type 5 of the NFC Forum.
- For tag identification and authentication, three user keys are provided. For each key, separate privileges and criteria are used to define different levels of access.
- Limit on authentication is possible by determining the maximum number of authentications, resetting possible with valid mutual authentication.
- User memory categorization is flexible, and you segment this memory area.
- To allow faster inventory speed, a permanent silent mode is used, and most importantly, it includes a privacy feature and a counter
And as for differentiating advantages, AES cryptographic authentication for nearby NFC phone readability and cloud access are two main advantages that can outperform others. Supporting technologies are widely available, and this allows for simple device integration. Lastly, the customer-programmable originality signatures allow for easy differentiation.
One of the most important factors for easy access to houses, resorts, and other places is a well-functioning hands-free access control system. In order to improve security and convenience, ICODE DNA provides AES cryptographic authentication and reading efficiency for secured hands-free access applications.
Brand Protection Against Counterfeiting
Counterfeiting is a serious global issue that affects a wide variety of industries, including clothing and footwear, high-end cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, electronic products, and more. ICODE DNA is a great way to secure your brand by checking the validity of components, documents, or goods. Furthermore, NFC compliance allows for direct contact with customers, as well as real-time object verification anywhere. On top of that, brand owners gain a new opportunity to interact with their customers in deeper conversations and build confidence in their products and brands.
As a result, ICODE DNA provides brand confidentiality, resulting in increased customer involvement, as well as the ability to monitor and trace goods or objects along the supply chain. Aside from that, it is and can be used in various tasks related to document tracking, detection and authentication, and facility access control.
When it comes to hotel and similar facility features, system programmers can add new advanced and convenient services such as easy reservation through smartphones or resort maps that are downloadable to local devices with links to the nearby bars and restaurants since it has the option of dividing memory into protected and also unprotected parts.